49th WLA Conference
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
November 5-8, 2014
In addition to proposals on any aspect of western literature and culture, the WLA encourages panels and papers that cross disciplines and/or explore dimensions of the conference theme, singing borders and bordering on song:
• Border crossings broadly interpreted
• First Nations/Native American song, story, and writing
• Song in western North American writing
• Literature that has been set to music
• The singer/songwriter, the cowgirl/cowboy poet, the storyteller
• Poetry, stories, creative non-fiction with musical accompaniment
We are open to session proposals focused on storytelling, to workshops and round table discussions, and to other sessions that may cross traditional academic borders. Deadline: June 15, 2014. Please submit abstracts, proposals, or questions to Anne Kaufman and Laurie Ricou at WLAconference14@gmail.com.
DEADLINE: June 15, 2014.