THEME: “Visual Culture of the Urban West”
In addition to proposals on any aspects of the literature and culture of the North American West, we especially encourage innovative proposals on the following:
- Visual culture, film, performance
- Environmental art, politics, justice, literatures
- Indigenous Wests, writers, filmmakers, artists
- Basque-American writers
- Latino/a Studies in Western places
- Twain and Tahoe
- Gendered spaces in the West
- Emigrant and mining narratives
- The recreational West: tourism, mountaineering, river-running
All participants must be members of the Western Literature Association.
DEADLINE: June 15, 2015.